Weekly news from Kusama & Polkadot #7

1. Picasso secured parachain slot in 12th Kusama auction

115,1k KSM were allocated into the crowdloan of Picasso, which resulted in the winning of the slot in the 12th Kusama parachain auction.

Picasso offers enhanced interoperability, customization, and security over traditional blockchain structures. It will bring a cross-chain interoperability infrastructure and a comprehensive DeFi ecosystem into Kusama.

Source

2. Moonbeam revealed crowdloan strategy for Polkadot auctions

For the upcoming parachain auctions on Polkadot, Moonbeam is one of the first projects that revealed their crowdloan strategy that includes financial incentives and bonuses for the participants. Here are some important facts:

  1. There are 10% of GLMR tokens (100,000,000 GLMR) allocated as rewards for the crowdloan participants
  2. 30% GLMR of the rewards will be claimable right after transfers will be enabled, the rest 70% GLMR will be vesting over the course of 96 weeks on a linear block-by-block basis

What is Moonbeam? Moonbeam is an EVM implementation that will enable Ethereum-compatible smart contracts on Polkadot. Moonbeam will mirror Ethereum’s Web3 RPC, accounts, keys, subscriptions, logs, and more, which will also allow users and developers to use tools like Metamask or Truffle.

If you really want to dive much deeper into Moonbeam, just go for our previous article called Moonbeam: Ethereum layer 1,5 on Polkadot.

3. Etherscan integrates with Moonriver and Moonbeam

According to this news, Etherscan will integrate with both Moonbeam and its canary network Moonriver. For users and developers, there will be a new kind of data, statistics and developer tools.

This integration brings the most widely-used EVM compatible block explorer into Moonbeam and Moonriver under the name of Moonscan.

4. Phala as the most active project in the Polkadot Ecosystem

In the past 30 days, the most active project in the whole Polkadot (and Kusama) ecosystem was Phala. The number of Khala online Worker overlapped 18k.

TVL (total value locked) is now over 68 million PHA and keeps rising.

Source

Khala (canary network of Phala) offers confidential smart contracts for Kusama. Phala Network will definitely want to reach a slot in the Polkadot network once the auctions will be settled up.

If you like this article, consider supporting us by the nomination of your tokens to Kusama or Polkadot validator going by the POLKADOTTERS name.

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Polkadotters | Kusama & Polkadot validators

Polkadotters | Kusama & Polkadot validators

1.5K Followers

Czech bloggers & community builders. We are validators of Polkadot, Kusama, Darwinia, Crab, Bifrost, HydraDX, StaFi, Centrifuge under the name: POLKADOTTERS